Attack Banana, compared to Park Pickle?

stimyg

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2010-02-21

Posted: 10 November 2011 04:27 AM

Hey all -

I’m in the market for a new board to add to the quiver.  I’ve got a 2008 Burton Custom 156cm (traditional camber) and a 2010 Gnu Park Pickle 150cm (I think it’s a 150, having a brain freeze here.)

I like them both, I think of the Custom as my free ride board, and the Pickle is my park board.  I think I got the Pickle a size too small for me, as it washes out a little too easily for my taste.  It’s totally fun though.

I’d love to get something in between these two - more of an all mountain type board.  I’d probably use it 80% for free ride… but then I’d love to be able to go to the park and not worry about catching an edge like I feel like I’m about to do on the full camber Custom, or washing out as I do on the Pickle. 

So - I’ve been thinking about a hybrid camber, specifically the Attack Banana, probably in a 156. 

Anyone have any thoughts about the Attack Banana for me - and, could anyone compare the Attack Banana to the Park Pickle, since I know how the Pickle feels and rides? 

Also, any comments on how the Attack Banana serves as a free ride board?  My Park Pickle definitely doesn’t feel super stable to me at high speeds, and I definitely want something that does.

For the record, I’m 5’7”, 155, fairly advanced freerider, still pretty crappy freestyler.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 November 2011 08:01 PM

Howdee Stimyg,

THanks for taking the time to post.

Yeah the 150 Park Pickle is a little too small for you and with the Banana profile I’m not suprised that you found it washed out a lot. On the flipside you cambered Custom probably feels responsive and medium/firm in flex.

I think a 153 or 156 Lib Tech Attack Banana would suit the kind of riding you are talking about. It’s still reasonaly soft, but the cambered tips have pop and give you a little bit more feedback out of turns like your cambered Custom. It’ll certainly feel a loy more stable than the slippery pickle.

You might also like the Proto CT 154 which is much like the Attack Banana or alternatively something with zero camber like the Amplid Aggronym, K2 Lifelike, Capita Midlife. These boards are a compromise like C2 banana between rocker and camber but on the whole the flex patern is a little more remenicant of camber.

Rich

Search the Forum: