Posted: 07 November 2011 01:35 AM
So, the 2011 Burton Custom Flying V did have a squeezebox variation, but the new 2012 models come standard with the squeezebox profile. What is being gained having the squeezebox profile vs. the old Custom Flying V’s that didn’t have squeezebox?
I am looking at buying a 2011 Burton Custom Flying V for $380 (they do not have any squeezeboxes left in the 2011 models that I could find in a 154 MW).
The other option, then, is to buy the 2012 Burton Custom Flying V (all built with squezebox) for around $525.
Is the price difference really worth the squeezebox profile, or am I going to get what I am looking for out of the 2011 model?
I wanted an all mountain board with quick, responsive, sharp carves for trees, backcountry, moguls. I wanted something with pretty solid float, and something that could go in the park, but isn’t made specifically for park - just something that will get me through there for those times I decide to go down it.