Austria 2011

Aprice84

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2010-02-23

Posted: 24 February 2010 12:12 AM

Guys,

need some advice on next years holiday. We’ve been to france the last couple of years and fancy a change. We were thinking of Austria but dont know anyone who has been. We’ll be going february time and what lots of reliable snow.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 24 February 2010 12:26 AM

I’m a big fan of Mayrhofen and the Zillertal.. every kind of terrain you could wish to ride and a great nightlife. I’m actually off for two weeks in Austria from Friday. I’m visiting Flachau in the Salzburg region, Kaprun / Zell am See and Serfaus Fiss Ladis. I’ll be sure to get some pics and get them up on the site on my return with a few opinions. Also went to Westendorf for a day a couple of weeks ago. Quite small but plenty to offer for a long weekend.

Rich

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 24 February 2010 12:27 AM

Well the site editor Rich is going on a two week tour of Austrian resorts in an effort to find somewhere to live next season. So I’m sure if you hold on for a couple of weeks he’ll give you a really comprehensive review. I’ve personally been to Mayrhofen and Kaunertal and in my opinion if you’re a snowboarder then Austria is the country in Europe that you should head to…...the others have great mountains but don’t have as much snow and don’t have the parks.

Tom

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 24 February 2010 12:30 AM

Looks like he beat me to it!!!!

Aprice84

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2010-02-23

Posted: 24 February 2010 08:44 PM

cheers guys, i’ll keep a look in for your pics.

White_Mist

Piste Cruiser
White_Mist Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 23 Joined 2010-02-20

Posted: 07 March 2010 11:42 AM

it depends what you are looking for. St anton is another option… It has some seriously challenging skiing- if you get a dump of snow it is one of the best resorts. Also known as Ibiza on ice- you will not be short of fun even after skiing is over…

Search the Forum: