|
Poll
|
||
| Park Pickle or Parkstar? | ||
| Pickle | 1 | |
| Parkstar | 2 | |
| Total Votes: 3 | You must be a logged-in member to vote |
|
Posted: 21 February 2010 08:03 PM
I’ve been riding for a few solid years now, but have just started in the park - and I like it. I’m looking for a park specific board. I’m 5’7”, 154lbs, currently riding a a Burton Custom 156 and mens size 6.5 salomon boot. I ride almost exclusively out East.
In order of what I’m looking for, something that’s good on: 1) rails 2) jumps 3) everything else park-y, in that order.
I’ve narrowed it down to the K2 Parkstar and the GNU Park Pickle, based solely on reading about them.
From what I gather, the Parkstar might be a little soft on the jumps whereas the Pickle might be better in that department? And maybe vice versa for the rails? Is that true at all or am I making that up?
One specific question I have: does the Pickle’s magnetraction hurt you on the rails? Is it rail-grabby, at all?
As for my skill level, I just started in the park this year. Pretty comfortable on rails 50/50, just learning to board slide. Jumps I’m still working on popping and just getting decent air. Hopefully the board will help in all departments…
Thoughts?
Posted: 21 February 2010 08:34 PM
Both great rides. The Parkstar is slightly more affordable and is super fun over the whole mountain.. good on jumps too, to be honest you’d have to be riding big icy jumps before you’d need to worry about the Parkstar washing out. My vote goes for the park pickle… quite a bit more expensive, but the Mag edges are perfect for East coast riding, you won’t even notice them on rails, and you can detune them so you won’t hang-up and they’ll still grip on ice. Also the Asym sidecut (tighter sidecut radius on the heels) means you’ll be able to carve hard without having to put any forward lean on your bindings. Also saw Matthew Crepel riding the Park Pickle in the monsterous Olympic halfpipe so it’s got the guts to hit bigger transitions.
Posted: 23 February 2010 03:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. Do you think the magnetraction would be grabby at all when doing things like butters, or, say, not hitting a landing quite straight (a 360 more like a 340, say)?
Posted: 24 February 2010 12:28 AM
Not really, it doesnt seam to effect butters and the rockered profile means landings are super forgiving regardless.