what boots do you wear why likes and dislikes

Chad11

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 12 Joined 2011-04-22

Posted: 17 October 2011 12:16 AM

Looking for sone new boots thought you guys might help me make a decision or guide mgr in the right direction rode mostly park if that helps

Mr Crane

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 21 Joined 2010-03-15

Posted: 21 November 2011 07:48 PM

Loving the K2 Darko’s myself. Took a while to get used to the strange BOA set up, and they not a bargain…

Mr Crane

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 21 Joined 2010-03-15

Posted: 21 November 2011 08:23 PM

Hi Chad,
Here’s a little more info.
K2 Darko 2010
Wore these April last year, all mountain chop, slop & corduroy.
Never seen the inside of a park but I taxed these boots pretty hard so…

-Decent Comfort / Control balance
-Comfort
-Boa coiler
(My first Boa Boot)
-Sick colour (Teal)

No dislikes really but a few things I may or may not get used to:

TBD:
-Harshmellow Dampening - Fuctionally improves the comfort at the cost of some board feel.
-Boa - I like they way this system works but it took a while to get used to. And a little customizing.
The Boa adjusts a inside panel over the Arch / Instep that basically locks your foot down and back into the boot.
Classic laces deal with the outer boot.

Generally: Bloody pleasure to wear. Decent versatility & control across the board, but i did add booster straps for a little
more confidence at speed.

These would be a great AT boot for me if they added a shin strap to broaden the versatility.

Hope this helps

MagnePange

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 108 Joined 2010-11-30

Posted: 28 November 2011 12:56 PM

Burton Ion.

Like: Stiff and responsive. Light.

Dislike: lose a lot of it´s stiffnes fast. Feels soggy after a season.

Chris

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2010-10-18

Posted: 06 January 2012 08:31 PM

Flow one BOA Coiler ‘10

very unflexible, good for riding, but I already did jumps and park-stuff with it.

I really like the boa system!

powdog

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-10-23

Posted: 12 January 2012 03:16 AM

Salomon Malamutes, stiff, comfortable, solid heel control, small profile, great quicklace system, additional rods to add extra stiffness if needed.

but tbh its all down to what fits your foot well - the ions are great but dont fit my foot at all

Tay

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-03-01

Posted: 01 March 2012 09:12 PM

I have Soloman Kiana boots. They are a pain in my ass to lace up. I’m definitely getting a new pair next season. I wouldn’t recommend theses boots to ANYONE.

MagnePange

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank

Posted: 01 March 2012 10:12 PM

I like the Malamutes. Have tested them once. Good boot.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 01 March 2012 10:19 PM

Long time Vans fan but they recently changed the liner and it’s messing with my achillies so I think I’m going to have to find another brand. Sad times as I’ve never had a mm of heel lift or any discomfort (until the new liners).

MagnePange

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank

Posted: 02 March 2012 09:30 AM

Or it´s your achilles thats the problem and the boots tells you about it?

=)

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 02 March 2012 09:43 AM

Yeah it is now I have huge lump on it! Tobi recommended I tape up my ankle and I’ve gone back to my old Van liners in my new boots and it seems to work… but they smell a bit funky which wouldn’t be a problem except I have to drive 3-4 hours every weekend to get to the mountains. Need to keep them windows open :)

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 02 March 2012 10:35 AM

Great to hear that tape-ing seems to do its job!

I’m riding a pair of Nitro Team TLS and they fit really really well. The thing with them is that after 1 or 2 seasons the cushoning gets a little squashed so they lose a bit of responsiveness. If you are between sizes with the Team TLS, better go with the smaller one.
Another small practical issue I’m having is that when riding, the laces keep falling out of their little compartment at the top of the boot.. simply inconvenient.

MickRich

Piste Cruiser
MickRich Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 16 Joined 2010-03-16

Posted: 29 March 2012 04:20 AM

I rode the same pair of Salomon Malamutes for about 5 years (including 2 full seasons), so can definitely vouch for their durability!!!  The only problem I had with them was that they were quite a narrow fit, so I would often end up with toe cramp after a few hours’ use, though I was prepared to put up with that for their decent hold and stiffness.  For this season, however, I replaced them with some Synapse wides which are not as stiff as the Malamutes but still a decent, mid-flexing boot and, with the slighty wider toe section, they’re a much better fit for my feet.  In fact, the wider front end has allowed me to go down a half size in length to give me an even better fit overall.  I get a bit of toe rub when I’m walking but on the slopes, no problem.  I may experiment with some Superfeet insoles to get the perfect fit but for the time being, I’m really happy with them!

Search the Forum: