real length of rossignol one magtek 2012

tuzi

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2011-10-06

Posted: 06 October 2011 10:39 PM

hello,

I bought a new rossignol one magtek 163cm yesterday. But it is a shorter than 163cm. It has only 160cm. It normally states 163cm on the top sheet graphic. I don´t know, if it is right.
Have anyone this board?
What is a real length?
Have I got a reject or it is common?

Thank you

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 07 October 2011 09:19 AM

It depends on how they measure the board… there are massive inconsistancies between brands. Some measure along the topsheet taking into account the radius at the tips… the surface length if you will. Other brands measure from tip to tip in a direct line. I have a Rossi Angus 157 and a Rossi Jdub 158 and the Angus is at least a cm longer than the JDub… which is a little bizzare.

I would probably fire an email to Rossignol, it’s possible that they have put the worng topsheet on a 159. Doesn’t hurt to ask. In a factory environment little QC mistakes like that can happen.

Rich

tuzi

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2011-10-06

Posted: 10 October 2011 06:16 AM

I measured my girlfriend´s roxy c2 mtx 153 last weekend and it was only 148cm (bended) and 150 cm (flat). Sodon´t understand why they state sizes on the boards at all. I have wrote to rossi. Still without answer, but I think, all “Quicksilver´s” brand (LibTech, Gnu, Roxy, and Rossi in past) will be shorter. It´s the same technology.

I hope it will be ride like a 163, because I am 190 cm tall and I like fast speed and carving. Now I am a little worry about the size.

MagnePange

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 108 Joined 2010-11-30

Posted: 14 October 2011 07:02 PM

No problemos: its fast.

Search the Forum: