Limited Edition Snowboards

APRider

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2011-10-02

Posted: 02 October 2011 08:49 AM

Wondering how many ‘limited edition’ style boards are really produced? For example the Burton Whammy Bob Marley Colab board from 2011….  Anybody know the production quantity of this board? Thanks!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 06 October 2011 10:18 AM

Completely depends on the manufacturer. I’m sure some of Burton’s “limited edition” boards sell more than some entire brands sell. I haven’t got the slightest idea how many are actually sold but if you keep an eye on Transworld Business they usually publish the SIA year sales report and that tells you which 5 boards are the biggest sellers in the US.

MickRich

Piste Cruiser
MickRich Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 16 Joined 2010-03-16

Posted: 30 March 2012 10:19 AM

Not sure about Burton but I think some of the Ride limited edition boards are only distributed to Ride dealers for their employees to use.  You might then see them for re-sale on the open market once they’ve been used, unlike, say, the Whammy Bob Marley which you could buy new in the shops.  I would therefore have thought that the quality of that particular board would have been no different to the normal Whammy.  It certainly had good graphics :-)

Search the Forum: