Help picking up a board from this list.

SpAiK

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 14 Joined 2010-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2010 05:29 PM

Hello, I’m looking for an all mountain board to ride well on piste but also good enough to do some stuff around and in the park. A friend of mine made a list for me, now I want some advice from you guys. What would you buy?

The list (in no particular order):
-Lib Tech Travis Rice
-Burton Jeremy Jones
-Burton Custom ICS
-Volkl Squad
-Yes Asymmetric Rocker Twintip
-Rossignol Angus
-Rome Postermania 1985
-Ride Machete
-GNU Riders Choice BTX

As you could see, all are rocker camber, and that’s the only requirement I put.

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 07 February 2010 10:04 AM

Hey there SpAiK,
could you maybe just give us some more information on what you’re planning to do with the deck as well as on your stats (weight, boot size,..). By Park, do you mean some big booters or maybe the craziest rails?
What’s your riding level, more like beginner to intermediate or almost advanced to pro?

Apart from that, your list contains most of the boards the business is all about this season!

SpAiK

Piste Cruiser
RankRank

Posted: 07 February 2010 01:03 PM

Of course, I’m ~1.80 m. tall and my weight is around 80kg. My boot size is EU45, so I may need a mid-wide board. About my skills, my ridding level is intermediate but almost beginner in the park. I’m not a fan of rails or pipe.

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 07 February 2010 01:11 PM

Thanks for some more input!

Did you read the Rossignol reviews Tom posted some days ago?
The Rossi Angus seems to be a fantastic ride and it’s available in 156 mid-wide. I don’t know if you should look any further..

SpAiK

Piste Cruiser
RankRank

Posted: 07 February 2010 01:17 PM

Yes, I read it. I was primarily thinking on that, but I have urge to compare every deck I can to be sure that what I’m going to buy is the best I can get for the money. Most probably I’ll get the Rossi, but what about the Yes or Rome?

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 07 February 2010 04:32 PM

The YES is not yet available as a midwide or wide version this season and will therefor be too narrow for your boot size.
Don’t know much about the Rome but from what I remember it is rather a park/rail deck than an allmountain killer.

The Lib Travis Rice BTX, which also is a great ride, in it’s 157 length is 25,8 wide. You might want to double check if it’s wide enough for your boots, I’m not sure about it.

Search the Forum: