Medium binding on a Custom X 160 ?

SuLLy

Snowboard Virgin
SuLLy Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2011-07-18

Posted: 18 July 2011 05:58 AM

So I’m looking at my first upgrade in 15 years !

Over the past 20+ years it is clear that I ride:

80% hard fast black level down hill

10% off-piste

10% powder

0% park

So I’m looking at the Custom X

At 5’9 / 74kg / US10 Burton Driver X boot, I fugured the 158 would be optimal. However, I can get a 160 at a good price.

Given a US 10 boot is a medium binding, the Q is, should a medium binding go on a 160 (Burton site says should be large)?

Would I regret the going 160 instead of the 158 at my size?

Any other advice?

Cheers…

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 18 July 2011 09:21 AM

Hi there,
if a large binding fits on the board, a medium binding will fit as well.

I’m riding an Amplid Paradigma 159 which is just a little less stiff than the CustomX and I’m only 70kg. So you should be alright with the 160, especially as you are planning on riding hard and fast- a little more length and therefore stability is never wrong in that situation.

If you are looking for an alternative to the CustomX, check out the ranges of Amplid, Prior and Palmer. If you are keen on the CustomX, don’t even bother looking for something else! :)

Hope this helped a little
Cheers Tobi

SuLLy

Snowboard Virgin
SuLLy Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2011-07-18

Posted: 18 July 2011 10:51 AM

I’m cross posting/off topic a bit, so I might post proper separately with more accurate heading….

But now ow I’m procrastinating about a 2010 Supermodel X, but it’s 164… too big?

SuLLy

Snowboard Virgin
SuLLy Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2011-07-18

Posted: 19 July 2011 10:21 AM

Went the 2010 Custom X 160 ICS with co2 EST’s.

Search the Forum: