Posted: 10 June 2011 01:03 PM
Hi guys. I’m searching for a new board. I’m 184cm and 80kg. I have ridden 40 times in my life. I want a board that can do everything. I have thought about a k2 snowboard or the atomic hatchet. Which of the k2 snowboards do you recommend me?
Posted: 11 June 2011 06:45 PM
There are a lot of good boards in the K2 range, e.g. you won’t be disappointed by the Zero; but it’s got quite a price tag. So how much are you planning to spend?
Next season’s Atomic Hatchehet looks absolutely fantastic! It was one of our favourites at ISPO and if you check the review of last year’s Hatchet you will get the idea that it’s also a great ride.
Posted: 12 June 2011 12:57 PM
I liked the Hatchet, but it doesn’t like to be ridden too hard. If you dig a hard edge in on sketchy snow it can feel a little wishy-washy. I think at 80kg you might find the Hatchet doesnt perform for you on steeper terrain. As far as K2 boards go, the most versatile all mountain board is the Turbo Dream. It’s not cheap but it’s great for pretty much any terrain.
Posted: 14 June 2011 01:13 PM
What about the raygun or the slayblade? Do you think i should go for a wide with 11.5 shoe size? I want something suitabla for park riding too.