Nitro Pantera Wide board for me?

Zoockey

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-03-28

Posted: 28 March 2011 01:04 PM

Hi guys,

I have been boarding for my 3rd consecutive week in 3 years now and I want to buy a board now instead of renting it. The thing is, I’ve bought a cheap-ass woodcore board that I tried out once on a Snowworld slope (very short) and I was done with it already. Sold it immediately. I pushed that board so hard on that 50m run that it bended like a hoop. I know I’m a big guy (191cm and 110 kilos) and I am looking for a stiff board that runs like crazy on piste and in pow. I found a Nitro Pantera Wide 166 reasonably priced and I was wondering if it might just be the right choice. What do you guys think?

Zoockey

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 28 March 2011 01:20 PM

Oh, and erm, Boot size 13 (Burton Moto’s) and planning on getting Ride LX bindings. Friends of mine are all in love with those.

PavelKucera

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2012 10:09 PM

Zoockey - 28 March 2011 04:20 PM

Oh, and erm, Boot size 13 (Burton Moto’s) and planning on getting Ride LX bindings. Friends of mine are all in love with those.

Running a Nitro Pantera 168 Wide with Burton Burton Malavita bindings and Burton Ruler boots. Ideal both for off-piste deep powder and fast groomed piste carves, though for that could maybe do with even stiffer bindings :). I’m 198 cms and 113 kgs. Not, it’s a pretty stiff and fast board, but it’ll train you well :).

Zoockey

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 16 April 2013 11:55 AM

I ran the board twice now (the nitro pantera 166 - wide) and I’m loving it. It’s a ridiculously fast board both on piste and off. It takes some effort to control the turns, but once you get the hang of it, it accelerates like crazy. I’m able to keep up with 90% of all skiĆ«rs on flat slopes, and maybe even overtake half of them without even trying. If you’re a big guy in need of an awesome board, this is the board to buy.

The bindings I use are Ride LX bindings, which are great. They give you great control over the board, whichever place you’re boarding. The boots however (Burton Moto’s) aren’t that good. I liked them when I started, but they aren’t as stiff as I would like for my board.

Anticrobotic

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2013-04-17

Posted: 18 April 2013 01:36 PM

Motos suck. :)

Check out the Nitro Team TLS boot. Stiff bastards, I love them. :) Try them, if they fit your foot…

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 18 April 2013 01:43 PM

Yeah Motos are definitely too soft for that setup but if Burton boots fit well, don’t give up on them. I’ve just switched to Burton from Vans and bought a pair of Burton Empire. I’ve been really impressed by the fit, weight, support and the speed lacing system which is incredible. They are rated a 7/10 on the flex, but I definitely think they are softer than that and I tried the Ions and they felt even softer, even though they are rated as an 8/10. If you’re going for a Burton boot try the Empires on, if you think they’re too soft then it’s all about the Driver X.

Zoockey

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 21 April 2013 08:41 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Time to get some money together to buy some new ones! I got quite big feet and I probably will get them boots somewhere here in the Netherlands, so I’ll just have to see whichever is in stock. I’ll let you know how it goes next season.

Zoockey

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 09 January 2014 04:28 PM

I was able to make the first upgrade to the set this year. I just bought Burton Ion boots (fairly stiff, but a bit less than the Driver X (or so I’m told).

We’ll see how it goes this coming season. Next up for replacement, the Ride LX bindings. Probably will go for something a bit more stiff here as well. I was thinking maybe the Cartels?

Search the Forum: