Posted: 15 February 2011 09:57 PM
I’ve only been snowboarding once. I fell in love with it so much that I decided to plan a 2 day trip at the end of this month and purchased my own gear, including a board. When I went snowboarding for the first time I rented a board. But I lied and said that I had been before and I was given an intermediate burton board. I took the 90min lesson and by the end of the day, after a lot of frustrating, I was finally getting used to it. Recently, I let my anxiousness (?) get the best of me and I purchased a used 2010 Lib Tech T.Rice from a forum member. But in the back of my mind I still feel like I am not going to get the most out of my weekend trip, due to fighting with this stiff board. Maybe I should’ve gotten the Rossi Taipan instead? What do you guys think? Should I bail and get another board before the trip or should I ride it out with the T.Rice, see how things go, and get another board during the summer?
Posted: 16 February 2011 11:12 AM
Yeah I’d chill out and give the Trice a go. There’s no point worrying about it, it’s not a problem until it is a problem if you see what I mean. At the moment you’re convincing yourself it’s a bad purchase so you’ll spend the week worrying if you made a bad descision. If you get a couple of days in and it’s proving too difficult then hire something like the Rossignol Trickstick, get the basics and then take them to the TRice. The first board I learnt on was a 154 No! board that was as stiff as a door and it had hard boot bindings on it, the hire shop gave me ski boots. That was in France in 1996, things have changed a lot since then… moral of the story is, you’ll get the hang of it and have a great time regardless of your equipment.
Have a great time and quit stressing.
Rich