Rossi Decoy vs Endeavor High 5 vs anything else?

arnie86

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-13

Posted: 13 February 2011 06:47 AM

Hi Guys,

So I am currently riding a dying YES 154 that I have absolutely loved to ride all over the hill. However, being ridden for 200+ days since purchase has left very little camber, and it has as such been retired to my jib board.

My dilemma is what to buy next. I bought and sold an Agent rocker 157 recently, as it wasnt lively enough laterally for me and sucked in the bumps for how I like to ride. I am looking at the Rossi Decoy 156 and the Endeavor High 5 or Live series in a 155/6 as a more suitable (and poppy) replacement!

I am currently training to take my CASI level 3 exam this season and need a real jack of all trades that is damp enough to ride variable terrain at moderate speed, carves well (preferably with a tighter sidecut) and exits turns dynamically but is also gonna be fun in the park as I am examined on my ability to ride there too. I am keen to get another YES but was wondering if there is much similar out there in the rossi or endeavor range as I can get em cheap!

Im 5’8, 150 lbs and wear a size 7.5UK boot.

look forward to hearing yout thoughts guys!

skip11

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 110 Joined 2010-07-22

Posted: 13 February 2011 06:54 AM

For this year’s YES boards you might want to look at is the Great dudes of history and the optimistic.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 13 February 2011 11:42 AM

Two good choices for lively freetyle snowboards.

The Decoy has Freestyle Amptek which is camber through the majority of the board and early rise tips. All Rossi boards have aggressive sidecuts, that’s one property I really Like about Rossi decks… I currently own 3. The Decoy has a firmer flex than the YES boards you are used to so it will definitely respond to more aggressive riding.

We’re big fans of Endeavor boards at Snowboard-Review.com. Apart from anything else the Hi5 graphic is incredible. Again, you’ve chosen well, the HI5 has a pretty tight sidecut and a super lively flex thanks to some beefy carbon stringers and a pretty hefty camber. The other good thing about the Hi5 is that the flat kick tips mean the effective edge is a little longer than the board length would suggest so you can ride a 155 and get the edge hold of a 158.. it dopesn’t sound like much but it definitely makes a difference. Again this board works best for aggressive riders who really pump through turns, and like snappy pop out of carves. I guess the only sacrifice here is float in deep stuff, the flat kicks are meant to help this but in all honesty this board won’t float as well as the Decoy.

You definitely can’t go worng with either of these boards, they both have aggressive sidecuts, lively flexes, good edge hold and very fast bases. If you’d asked for two boards meeting those criteria without suggesting those two boards and I’d been on my game then both those boards would have been suggested.

Rich

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 13 February 2011 11:43 AM

The Rossi Angus is probably the board that most resembles the YES boards the most.

arnie86

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-13

Posted: 14 February 2011 01:21 AM

cheers guys, ill get my decoy on order asap.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 15 February 2011 10:31 AM

Enjoy, rad deck.

Search the Forum: