I have a Burton Clash and looking to upgrade to something for Powder

ajaxdude

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2011-02-12

Posted: 12 February 2011 06:10 AM

My first and only board has been a Burton Clash 162.  It made me love snowboarding!

I’ve also discovered that powder is what I enjoy the most.

While I have been riding a long time and consider myself intermediate (groomed blues and easy blacks), I only go boarding a few times a year. My Clash is still going strong but I can’t help but wonder if there might be a better board for me out there.

Can you help me find a board that meet these requirements?
* Must be best for powder first, groomers second
* Must be able to ride switch (Twin?) (while I have not learned to do that yet, I’d like the ability to do it)
* An easy board to turn and forgiving (I still catch an edge once in a while)
* Price is no object

Bonus: My wife rides a Burton Feather which is very similar to my board but a lot slower somehow. She has the same requirement as me so if there is a board for me that is also offered for women that would easy to pick that for her. Thanks

IkBenLief

Piste Cruiser
IkBenLief Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 21 Joined 2010-11-05

Posted: 12 February 2011 11:47 AM

I am not so god in expressing myself in English, but wanted to give a reply to your post anyway. And I guess others will post their opinions also.

I am a female. This year I bought a Salomon Sick Stick for half the price from last season (2009/2010).
It is not my only board (I also have a Flow Infinite Camber 156) and I use the Sick Stick for powder days.

The last week of January we had a lot of snow in Austria (Europe) so I rode about 3 days on my Sick Stick (I have a 156).

It rides super in powder of course but also on the slopes it does its job pretty well.
It turns very easy and because of the flat camber and early rising tips it is also very forgiving.
I really liked the feel of the bamboo in the board. ( That is why I also ordered a Salomon Answer this month).
I don’t know about switch riding , I never ride switch (only crossing slopes switch that’s all I do).  But it is a tapered twin so it must be easy to ride this board switch.

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 12 February 2011 02:58 PM

Seems like Rich uploaded the new freeride look-out just in time for you =)

http://www.snowboard-review.com/tv/video_feature/2012_freeride_snowboard_preview_tv/

(or check out the whole article on our main page)

ajaxdude

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2011-02-12

Posted: 14 February 2011 12:03 AM

Indeed the video is very cool and just in time!

I like the Atomic banger and floatalot, sounds very interesting. Any idea when the 2012 boards will be out?

As for the Salomon Sick Stick I considered it; I’m just worried about the stiffness, I really like soft boards. I know that stiff is better for powder though.

How about Yes Optimistic? would it fit my needs?

Thanks!

Search the Forum: