Posted: 09 February 2011 06:12 AM
Ive been riding an Option joni makinen 164w since 2005 which was great when I was back in Utah but here on the east coast I dont neeed a deep powder board. Love the board but its really only good for bombin down the steep and deep havin trouble getting into the park
I demo’d the skate banana last week and loved it on the park but found it a bit squirrely when I took it up to speed. Ive got a chance to get a banana magic and wanted to see if anyones taken one outside the park at all?
Thanks
Posted: 11 February 2011 09:31 AM
I’m afraid I haven’t ridden the Banana Magic but it uses exactly the same profile as the Skate Banana so there’s a posibility that it’ll still feel squirly at speed. I’ve found that when the board is rockered between the bindings the board can feel almost too loose at high speed and on firm snow. The main difference between the Skate Banana and Banana Magic is the Basalf fibres it uses instead of standard fibreglass. THis will give it a firmer and more powerful flex and a damper feel when riding fast over bumpy snow conditions.
Posted: 11 February 2011 10:08 AM
To add to Rich’s comment, the Magic also has slight C2 (according to pictures of the rocker profile I’ve seen) and aggressive sidecut & Magne-Traction.
Posted: 12 February 2011 05:42 AM
Thanks for responding,
I ended up getting the banana magic, took it out yesterday and loved it. It took a few runs to get used to the turning, was waaay more responsive than my old board. Its a lot stiffer than the skate banana which I liked did a lot better at speed. the banana rocker / C2s a lot different that the cambered board ive been riding but after one run Im loving it.
The magic handled the different conditions well, love the MTX and the aggressive side cut. Its still a bit squirrely on flat but it switches from edge to edge well. Took it off some 20s and it landed well, not as solid as my old Option, but that thing was not suited for park.
The magic was advertised as being a true twin but I felt it was a bit off when I was in switch. It rode great switch but didnt seem to be a true twin, small complaint. Love this board, handles well and the graphics sick.
Going to try some rails this weekend, lookin forward to it.