Yes Typo or DC MLF or….

andrewsta

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-08

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:04 PM

Hey guys!
i want to buy a new board for allmountain riding ( i spend most of my time in the park, but i also want to go with this board in the mountains too). I’m 150 lbs and 180 cm. I think of Yes Typo 156, Rossi Onemag 156, NDK THU 154, DC MLF 154
I have bataleon goliath 149 and i wanted a stiffer board with length 154 or so, but maybe 156 is ok..
What board should i choose?

andrewsta

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-08

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:58 PM

I have narrowed my selection to two boards NDK THU 154 and DC MLF 154

What board should i choose?

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:49 PM

Depends whether you want the feel of camber you are probably used to or the loose feel of Camrock. On hard snow days I like Camber. For anything else I prefer Camrock/Amptek. Makes Switch riding a piece of cake, butters and jibs crazy easy. It’s forgiving in landings and floats in powder. There are lots of people who will tell you there is less pop… I don’t think there is less it just takes a bit of adjustment to find the point at which point the board pops. You’ve got the facts now, for grip and more conventional pop the cambered DC is probably better. For versatility for different types of terrain and snow conditions the THU. Although I’m not entirely sure why you discounted the TYPO…. very similar boards.

andrewsta

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-08

Posted: 09 February 2011 09:50 PM

I discounted typo because there are only 152 or 156 in local shops. 152 is too small and 156 is long for the park riding,i think. but maybe i am wrong..
Also i thought that THU and Typo are similar boards because they were made by nidecker and they both have similar camrock type. Is it right?

Search the Forum: