Posted: 07 February 2011 10:53 PM
Hey guys,
I want to buy a new board and i checked many reviews. The one board that seems to be perfect for me is the Rossignol Jdub Magtek. There is just one Problem. My bootsize is around 11,5 maybe even 12 in some shoes. Since i live in Germany and most shops around here dont sell this board or any Rossignol boards I cannot just go out and try if it fits me. So I wanted to ask u guys if u think or even tried how it fits bigger feet.
I’m a little above 6’ and ~183 lbs, so i guess I’d take the 161 with waist width 25.6 cm (10.1”).
What do you think?
Greetings from Germany
Posted: 07 February 2011 11:54 PM
Hey man,
I’m sorry that I have to tell you that you will definitely need a wide board with size 11 or even 12 feet.
But we’re just back from ISPO and I can’t remember seeing a Jdub Mag at the Rossignol booth so maybe next season the replacement for the Jdub Mag will be available in wide. (Is it the Jibsaw?) Rich will be able to set things right here as he got all the catalogues, hehe.
Cheers Tobi
Posted: 08 February 2011 05:26 PM
For sure Tobi is absolutely spot on.
I was riding my 158 JDub at mach 10 the other day doing super tigh carves I was getting Vitelli turns so low that I could almost get my elbow to touch the snow with straight legs and a straigh back. The only issue was that my size 9US boots were preventing me because of slight toe drag…. that’s to be expected when your board is at that angle, but my point is that the JDUB carves amazingly, it’s one of the best directional twin boards out there for carving and to have any more overhang would completely limit how hard you can carve on it. To make the most of it you’d need a 26.2cm at the waist at the very least.
Rich
Posted: 08 February 2011 06:39 PM
Hey,
thank you alot for the advice although it breaks my heart. The Jdub just seems to be perfect.
I’ve been checkin for alternatives at the moment.
Rich, can u recommend any other board that rides similar?
I checked the GNU Riders Choice C2 BTX 2. Although i don’t like the graphics on it I suggest it might be pretty similar and its available in wide. What do you guys think? Any other, maybe a little cheaper options (540€ O_O)?
Thank you again!