Urgent help needed! Not much time left for this board!!!!

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2011 06:16 PM

Hello. I am 6 feet tall and i weight 185 lbs.

I do about 70% normal riding (on the tracks, with some offtrack sometimes), and hit the park 30% of the time, but i do jumps, im not int jibbing.

I have the opportunity of getting a GNU parck pickle 159 for 320$. A bargain!

My question is: is the size ok for the board, or is is too big??

Thanks.

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 06 February 2011 08:34 PM

Hey Marc, it’s definitely not too big, it’d be a pretty good fit but the thing is that there are better boards out there for riding mainly piste..
Come back in case you want some more information, if you’re going with the park pickle 159 will be ok.

Cheers, Tobi

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2011 09:08 PM

I was looking at the pickle firstly because of the price (im saving almost 200$), and secondly because it would be great fun in the park (even though ill mainly hit piste, but the price is really low)


Is 159 ok?

I think i have the possibility of switching it for a 156. Will it make a big difference?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 06 February 2011 09:40 PM

As the board is pretty soft and you’re pretty heavy, I’d really go with the 159.

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2011 09:42 PM

Ill stick with the 159 then, hopefully ill be agile with it! I like to go heel to toes super quick.


Thanks for the advice guys!

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2011 10:46 PM

One more question: would rossignol cobra v1 bindings work with this board?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:45 AM

The Cobra should be fine, I just had a hand on next years version today, looking uber-sick!
If you can get them cheap, you should probably look no further..

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:48 AM

Yes i will - my shop has a 35% discount on them. Looking good.

I hope this nice 159 will give me satisfaction on piste and jumps - i’ll find out soon!

marc88

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:52 AM

This year ill also keep on doing duck - started last year. I want to go down the piste, but while having fun! Tiny jumps, some switches, and some butters.

Search the Forum: