First season rider seeks advice for first board

BigDave

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 06 February 2011 06:48 AM

I moved to Ogden Utah 6 mos ago and started boarding in December.  I am hooked.  I gone out about 10 times now and can get down blues and easy blacks ok.  I am 45 yrs. old, 6’ 6” tall and weigh 218#.  I ride goofy if that makes a difference.  My interest is primarily in carving down the mountain, staying upright in variable conditions, being in control and having fun.  I cant really see myself getting big air or riding rails and such.  Any advice on which board and bindings to get would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 06 February 2011 08:03 AM

Use the board selector and plug in all mountain at the price point you want and start reading some reviews to get the ball rolling.

BigDave

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 07 February 2011 06:12 AM

Thank you for your response.  I have gone to the board selecta and it shows 50 boards, all with positive reviews.  If you or anyone could narrow the selction somewhat I would apprciate it.

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 07 February 2011 06:23 AM

Which ones did you like?  Give us something to work with BigDave… :)

BigDave

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-02-06

Posted: 07 February 2011 06:53 AM

I think I’m looking at 167-169cm which limits my choices somewhat.  How about the Nitro Magnum blackout or a flow solitude?  I have size 13 boots so I may need a wide board.  I would prefer to stay below around $525.

Search the Forum: