Buying first park board. Looking for replys.

Celeo12

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-02-05

Posted: 05 February 2011 07:20 AM

Hey I do everything from jibs to pipe, and even get on the boardercross track. I have heard good things about the skate banana but my concern is that its not good for pipe. I was also looking at the Ride DH 2011 or the Ride DH 2.4-2011, what would you recommend for my needs? Also im 6ft 165 pounds and wear a 13 boot, what size board would you recommend for me? Do you recommend something other then the three I mentioned thats beter and not to expensive that would be beter for what I want. Im a beginner in pipe and im intermediate in park and jibs?[/del]

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 06 February 2011 08:16 AM

First off, only one thread…  no need to open up more then one thread for a question.  We get busy sometimes and opening up multiple threads doesn’t help your question get answered faster.

A boarder-cross board and park board would be two different boards unless you go for an all mountain freestyle board like the K2 Turbo Dream or Salomon Answer…  however you’d have a better experience if you had 2 boards to separate those disciplines.

My little experience in the pipe and from what I have read you need a stiff board to navigate those icy walls.  I’ve just rode the pipe a couple of times this season and it’s difficult and scary trying to get up those walls, especially if you have access to a Superpipe at 22’ walls.

The Skate Banana is one of the most famous reverse cambered park boards probably in history…  a game changer for sure.  Rockered boards are awesome in the park, so easy to hit features and cruise around.

Boarder-cross boards are like alpine snowboards, stiff and hard chargers.  Prior BX is like those designs that I saw at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, the Salomon Burner (which Rich video reviewed) would also probably work well.

Celeo12

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-02-05

Posted: 06 February 2011 09:34 AM

Im not really looking for a boardercross board, mostly looking for a park pipe board. So you think that the skate banana would be the best choice for what I need?

Search the Forum: