Posted: 08 February 2011 04:00 AM
Awesome… see if they will let you take the SL for a spin too, heard it’s a banger. :)
Posted: 08 February 2011 11:48 PM
Wrote NS about trying boards but haven’t heard back.
Is the SL more of an “all mountain” board, rather than a “park” board?
The graphics are cool (better than the EVO)
So, to sum up, my choices are now:
Burton Process V Rocker
K2 Raygun
Never Summer EVO
Never Summer SL
6’2, 190+ lbs, 10 shoe, beginner (but want a board that I can keep through intermediate/advanced)
mainly park riding (but willing to do all mountain)
size? 158? (or 162? or somewhere in between?)
Thanks guys
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:09 AM
If you wind up going with NS, I would go with a 161 in the EVO or SL based on your weight and height. If you’re mainly going to be riding park, you might be able to go down to the 158 EVO depending on what NS says the weight range is. If you’re looking for all mountain, I would definitely go with the 161 though. Just my 2 cents.
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:16 AM
Don’t go with the SL for mainly park! You are right that the SL is more of an allmountain ride, not suited best for mainly park!
The Evo would be a really nice choice although I have to agree with you on the graphics. Next year’s Proto will be so nice, similar to the Evo just a little stiffer and it has such rad graphics on it. Sick!
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:24 AM
The Proto CT does look sick. The new EVO and Revolver look nice as well. I like the new blunted twin tip nose and tail shape they’re going with for next year.
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:31 AM
I was just wondering, might want to check out boards like the Amplid Dopamine or the Forum Scallywag as the Evo might be a bit advanced for someone completely new to park-riding..
They won’t be as good allmountain as the Evo but you might find it easier to job around on them.
Let me know what you think, Cheers Tobi
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:39 AM
open to anything and everything Tobi.
Just would like to buy one board to do anything I plan on doing.
(I will mainly be riding parks until I get better)
Haven’t heard about those two boards and will have to check them out.
Posted: 09 February 2011 12:52 AM
Checked out the 2012 NeverSummer Line and those look really good.
Would like to get a NS because they’re local (I support local business!) and have heard nothing but good things about them.
The Proto looks cool as does all their boards.
Now I’m really confused on what to get…
Posted: 09 February 2011 07:55 AM
Just go with what feels comfortable to you. If you have a chance to demo the boards you’re considering, that will definitely help you make a more informed decision. I can’t speak for any of the other brands you listed, but I have had a lot of experience with Never Summer and can tell you that they are a solid ride.