Need help selecting a board

bboardernj

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-02-04

Posted: 04 February 2011 12:56 AM

I am an advanced all mountain rider, and I am looking to get into the park..

I am 5’11’ and I need to know what size board to get- I have a 161 technine, but it is a directional board, and I am looking to get a better board. I am told I need to get one that is smaller then 161.

I am about 200 lbs.


Any ideas for boards?

I am pretty set on getting Union Force bindings.


I have read about K2 WWW, K2 Parkstar, Lib tech skate banana, but i have not read anything that is very convincing.

Any help is appreciated!!

Celeo12

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-02-05

Posted: 06 February 2011 02:04 AM

k

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 06 February 2011 08:19 AM

I’d like to know what’s not convincing on those boards?

I’m your height and ride a 155 in the park, depends on the model but you size down for the park usually.

bboardernj

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-02-04

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:39 PM

I just dont know whether they are suitable for me.

I have read somewhere that suggest even a 152-3 for me.

Any ideas?

I am lookin for a board that will be very forgiving in the park.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:50 PM

200lbs 152-3? Somebody is giving some seriously bad advice.

I’m 160lbs and 5’8” and I ride a 157 in the Park. I could probably size down to 155 on some models and for jibs I might consider a 152-3 but at 200lbs the boards you have listed are just going to wash out even if your weight is even 10% over the tip or tail.

Granted there are some benfits from riding shoerter boards, but if you want to ride anything bigger than a 5m rail or 4m table top jump you need to be thinking bigger. My suggestion would be too look at a board like the Rome Agent 158 or similar boards with a tock of reverse camber that ride shorter becase of a reduced flat base running length. Make sure you fit between the weight recommendations.

bboardernj

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-02-04

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:06 AM

I will probably look in the 155-158 range.

I have been reading about the Skatebanana, park pickle, K2 www, and Capita horrorscope.

And someone suggested the Evo, but not sure. Is that a capita?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:20 AM

The Evo is a NeverSummer ride, the Revolver is the same board in wide.

bboardernj

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-02-04

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:24 AM

I looked up the Evo Review, but they said it is for “advanced” park riders, which I am not.


Is there a better “transitional” or beginner board from all mountain to the park?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:27 AM

Did you dismiss the K2 Parkstar for a reason? Looks like a nice fit to me..

bboardernj

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2011-02-04

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:28 AM

No i havent,

do you know the difference between the parkstar and the www?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:36 AM

Well the WWW is more of an urban shred stick with cheaper materials on it compared to the Parkstar which is more capable of riding bigger jumps and Piste and not just those handrails.

Cheers and good night, Tobi

Search the Forum: