I’ve decided on these Bataleon boards, but not sure about size

Sporadik

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-01-31

Posted: 31 January 2011 04:53 PM

I am 6’1” 150lbs and have size 12 boots. I’m looking into the Onmi or The Jam. I freeride and will be on piste most of the time. I’m not sure which sizes to go for and I’m on the fence between the Omni an the Jam. The Jam is such a nice looking board, but I’m not sure if it’s too freestyle. Any recommendations on size would be great

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 01 February 2011 07:57 AM

I think your boot size is going to make the decision for you. The only board that will fit your feet is the 161W Jam…. the Omni doesn’t come in a wide. I’d be cautious though, the Jam is pretty stiff and for your height you are quite light, I think you might find it a bit of a handful. I might look at the Goliath 161W as it has a softer flex. The only problem wit these boards being that they use freestyle TBT instead of Freeride TBT. I found Freestyle TBT to have a little lag edge to edge, this was good for initiating spins on jumps but took some adjusting too on piste… I didn’t motice a log on Freeride TBT becase the flat section at the nose and tail is much narrower.

Sporadik

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2011-01-31

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know I weigh nothing LOL I drop 10-15lbs in the winter when most people gain weight, very ironic. Purhaps I shouldn’t drink as much and get a tennis membership in the winter to stay more active. I ended up deciding on the 161W. Like you said my bootsize is what determined my choices and I’m glad unlike 12 years ago when I started wide boards aren’t pieces of ****(Remember the K2 Fatbob and their double wides LOL). They also appear to offer the same performance just looking at width specs etc.. Although it is pretty stiff for my weight I think I’ll be fine, as I’ve always enjoyed stiffer all mountain drag my hands while I carve boards and not rubber band style rocker boards. Another reason I decided on it is I’ve always loved Piet Modriaan artwork and man is this the sexiest boards I’ve seen in a long long time. I really can’t stand the art style on lib tech boards and most companies. and prefer the oldschool cleaner looking designs

Search the Forum: