Rossi One Magtek 156

AlpineEthos

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-01-29

Posted: 29 January 2011 02:32 PM

Hi guys. 

Just wanted to say what a brilliant site this is and how invaluable it’s been in doing new board research.  Having trawled your site and forum I thought I should try and give something back to my fellow boarding man (and woman).

I run a chalet company in Meribel and I’m just into my second season.  I’m 5’10”, 75kgs and wear size 10.5 UK Vans Cirros.  Having had various issues with heel and toe drag last season I ended up buying a 2009 Rome Flag 160 last Jan and love it.  Great board for hard charging, pow and carving but I wanted something a little smaller, rockered and more fun for this season. 

Reading various reviews I narrowed down a new board list to a Ride Machete, Rossi Angus and Rossi One.  I’m a little reluctant to get a full wide board so a mid wide seemed like a decent compromise.  Having read Richs review of the Angus I thought it sounded awesome but probably a bit too park orientated for me.  That and the fact we run a family friendly chalet and our guest’s children might not sleep too well having to change their shoes with the Angus base staring at them….

I was lucky enough to ride a mate’s 156 Skate Banana yesterday and loved the magnatraction on it, especially with the piste conditions we’ve got here in the Alps so far.  It just clamped onto the piste and held an edge through the hardest of hardpack and ice which put me back in mind of the Rossi One.  A quick look at the forum here told me all I needed to know and I’ve just ordered a 2011 156 for 269 euros.  Bargin! 

It should be here next week and I’ll be back on to update with a few thoughts once I get it on the piste.  Here’s hoping it’s got a bling gold base. 

Thanks for all the help and keep up the good work on here, it’s really really appreicated.

Cheers

Andy

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 29 January 2011 03:19 PM

Stoked that you found the website useful Andy. The One is proving ridulculously popular this season, the hybrid rocker/camber combined with the magnetraction edges means it’s got grip, float and playfulness. Today in Austria it’s been hardpack conditions all day on the pistes, I took out my JDub with Mag edges and once again I was reminded how good they are. In my opion they work best when you are soley carving, you know when you leave the narrowest of lines the depth of the sidewall in the snow… all I did today was carve but it was an awsome day. I used to live in Courchevel so I know how icy that run into Merible can get in the mornings when the sun has been on it all of the previous afternoon, Magnetraction is definitely a plus for that. Definitely let us know how you find your new stick. And feel free to plug your chalet on your post, we don’t mind the odd link when someone’s taking time to put a good post together.

Rich

AlpineEthos

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-01-29

Posted: 16 February 2011 11:46 AM

So a quick update on the Rossi One.  It’s a beaut! 

So far I’ve only ridden it in mediocre conditions but absolutely love it.  First impressions are:

Super quick base - didn’t think it would be as fast as my Rome Flag but it flies down the piste and is very stable.

She flys - Nice snap in the tail and it just takes off over rollers and lips.

Magnatraction - Amazing in the hard pack conditions we’ve got here in the 3 Valleys at the moment.  Holds an edge so so well. 

Rocker - Feels nice and floaty and makes switch easier.  To be honest I still look a bit like a punter when I’m riding switch but the One has brought me one a bit. 

So conclusions so far are that I love it and can’t wait for a bit more snow to really get it going.  If you’re looking for an all mountain stick you can’t go far wrong with the one. 

Cheers

Andy


www.alpineethos.co.uk

Search the Forum: