How low can you go? Question about YES Waist Widths and Salomon boots

Meatball707

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-11-23

Posted: 19 January 2011 10:22 PM

So I’ve been looking at some of the YES boards, one in particular, the GDOH in a 162. I wear Salomon F series boots to shrink my foot print. My boot size is a US 12, and from what I heard that translates into a US 11. Now on the YES site they say the 162 with a 25.5 WW will work for a 11.5 US boot. I’m a little weary of this so I came here to hear what you guys have to say. My angles are 15 in the front and -7 in the back, but I can ride a 18 and -9, my stance width is about 22.5 or 23”. With all this info, do you think I could get away with a 25.5?

As a side note I’ve called multiple shops and it’s 50/50, some say yeah, some say no way get a wide. I’ve always riden mid-wide and wide boards too.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 19 January 2011 11:27 PM

Yeah my advise would be to go for a mid-wide at the very least. Both Jones, Nidecker and Rossignol make boards with wider waists and a similar profile to the YES boards… well in the case of the nidecker and Jones boards it’s exactly the same. Just to confirm 25.5cm is too narrow. I’m riding a 25.2 waist and my boot is a US 9.

Meatball707

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-11-23

Posted: 20 January 2011 12:22 AM

Thanks for the help Rich!

Search the Forum: