Posted: 17 January 2011 01:25 PM
Hi,
My old snowboard was stolen last week, so I’m looking for a new one.
My first idea was the custom flying V. But now I can do a good deal with the custom X. I can have the X for a few bucks more.
I have about 5 years experience and I am a good intermediate.
The board wil be used 80% on the pistes and 20% in the deep snow. I allmost never ride the park.
Will the X not be to hard to ride for me? I allways read that it’s so hard to ride it?
Is the X overkill for my purposes?
Or is there maybe another board the suits me better?
Thanks
Peter
Posted: 17 January 2011 05:45 PM
Hi Peter,
I don’t think the Custom X is a hard board to ride, it’s just a precision board to ride. If I was riding 80% pistes and 20% off piste the Custom X would be my board of choice. That is providing that piste riding for you is going as fast as you can, boosting huge off rollers and seeing how low you can get in carves. It’s light and snappy and ridiculously responsive if that’s what you are after it aces the Custom Flying V every time. Did you check out my video review?
Rich