I’m curious if I was mislead

Max Mayhem

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-01-04

Posted: 12 January 2011 05:58 AM

So I’ve now been riding for 9 years and I bought my first board last year because I would always rent for the season as I was still growing.  When buying the board I wanted something under 400 that would suit me for the whole mountain. I was sold the 2009 Burton Mayhem with a pair of Burton Customs.  Everything I’ve read about them after the fact has been solid but nothing great.  It seems to be a very elementary set up.  The other board I was considering was the DC XFB. Not that I’m planning on replacing my board yet but out of sheer curiosity I was wondering if you think I could have gotten more for what I spent (about 600 including bindings).

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 12 January 2011 09:32 AM

Hi Max,

I wouldn’t say you were mislead. Agreed the Mayhem is fairly basic in it’s spec, perhaps a little short on bells and whistles and all the high tech gadgetry doing the rounds at the moment but a pretty solid mid-wide deck. With Burton Custom bindings, $600 is about rrp, the guy in the shop certainly didn’t do you a deal but I don’t think he ripped you off either. I guesss it’s easy for products like the Mayhem to blend into the background because the graphics are pretty conservative and as I said earlier it’s not sporting the craziest materials, shape or profile. If you had looked out of the Burton stable you might have got slightly more for your money, but with Burton you get a good warranty and a well put together piece of kit.

Rich

Max Mayhem

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-01-04

Posted: 12 January 2011 04:56 PM

Right.
What do you mean thought that Burton has a good warranty?

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 12 January 2011 05:23 PM

Yeah if the Burton product you buy breaks because of faulty workmanship Burton will have it repaired or replaced within 48 hours. Some brands can take months. It’s super important if you are riding a lot during the season and can’t afford to replace your board out of your own pocket while you wait for the warranty guy at a company to pick his nose.

Search the Forum: