Bataleon tester

tiffer

Snowboard Virgin
tiffer Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-01-11

Posted: 11 January 2011 11:10 PM

Hey got a question:
I’ve been offered an unridden bataleon test board (the black and white one) i think it’s last years for £200 it’s a 155 will this be ok for me? I’m about 76kg and 5’8, i ride all over (intermediate) and want to get into the park a bit more too
I rode one in the sno dome & dig it also liked a signal wave length, super soft! dunno what sizes i rode there tho, but i ride an oldish salomon prospect ltd 156 ‘07/08 i think, does that mean i should go for a similar sort of size in this? also will i get in to the shit for buyin a tester-they said they’re allowed to sell it?!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 13 January 2011 09:29 AM

Was it this board Bataleon Airobic or this board Bataleon Riot. These are the black and white graphics from last season.

Your height and weight are identical to mine give or take a kg or an inch of height. For all mountain I ride a 157/158 for powder I ride a 164 and for purely park riding I would probably ride something in the region of 153-155. If the board you are looking at is a pure park twin, 155 will hit the spot for jumps and general park riding. If you intend to hit mainly rails it’s probably best to size down 3-4cms, but of copurse you’ll sacrifice stability and edge hold for larger transitions and jumps.

tiffer

Snowboard Virgin
tiffer Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-01-11

Posted: 13 January 2011 02:41 PM

Just looked at the riot and airobic and it was nothing like either of those but looked exactly like the tester i used at MK sno dome a couple of weeks ago, so perhaps a dedicated tester from this years line up?

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 13 January 2011 05:09 PM

We tested a Bataleon Evil Twin tester about a year and a half ago from TSA at Milton Keynes which was from the 08/09 season I believe it had a kind of Bataleon wall paper graphic on it… lots of different logos side by side.

I think £200 is a bit steep if it’s a tester in a place like MK which gets a lot of traffic, especially when you can buy last year’s 151 with the limited edition graphic from SS20 at £280. Here’s a link.

Dan Morgan

Administrator
Dan Morgan Avatar
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 39 Joined 2009-02-17

Posted: 13 January 2011 05:13 PM

Rich Ewbank - 13 January 2011 09:09 PM

I think £200 is a bit steep if it’s a tester in a place like MK which gets a lot of traffic…

The board for £200 is un-ridden/brand new - he just demoed a tester version of the same board (which you are right, would have had half the UK population strapping it on).

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 13 January 2011 05:29 PM

Aha… right you are Mr Morgan.

Am I allowed to change my opinion? I now think it’s a reasonable price.

tiffer

Snowboard Virgin
tiffer Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-01-11

Posted: 14 January 2011 04:20 PM

Cheers guys,
Hoped it was going to be the sale of the century but at least it’s a good choice for ok money.
I’ve got salomon spx 45 bindings circa 07/08 i think, they’ll be ok for now but when i’ve saved a few quid any ideas for replacements?
I’ve tried union contact and they were pretty comfy (more so than mine but admittedly only had them on for a couple of hours).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Search the Forum: