Bindings for Gnu Altered Genetics

zer0

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-01-05

Posted: 06 January 2011 10:29 AM

Greetings fellow riderz (%

Now that I’ve decided to get an Altered Genetics board there’s a bindings question on agenda.
I already have the boots which are K2 T1 DB (awesome footwear!), and in my bindings choice I’m bound by the selection of the buysnow.com webstore—I want to get them together with the board to cut the shipping cost.

My idea is to get something from Burton because of their great warranty system and also because it is by far the most abundant brand over here, so there should not be any problems getting service.

By reading this and some other forums I figured out that the Cartel bindings were pretty versatile for freeride/all-mountain kind of riding that I’m going to do. There’s also some cheaper bindings called Mission, but among others I saw some bad reviews for those. I have never used any Burton gear before, the bindings that I used to previously use were the Ride Team. So can you share any experience / opinions on the set that I’m about to have?

I appreciate any insights, thank you!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 07 January 2011 09:46 AM

I rode the Mission ICS on the Custom Flying V when I did that review. The straps took a little bit of time to get right (actuallly that’s something I’ve found with a lot of Burton bindings) but once I was set up they were fine. Not the most responsive binding but also not tiring on the carves. Just a good all mountain freestyle binding. The Cartels are stiffer and more responsive, more suited to an aggressive freetyle rider. It’s a difficult call, to get the most out of the Altered Genetics and to keep your set-up light I’d probably go with the Cartels… but that’s just me.

powdog

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-10-23

Posted: 07 January 2011 08:04 PM

I used Missions for a couple of seasons a few years ago. They were decent enough bindings. Like Rich said, not the most responsive, but they worked for me at the time. If you are beginner - intermediate I would say they would work fine. Intermediate - advanced you will want something more inline with your riding style. If the money isn’t much of an issue then I would go for the cartels anyway.

zer0

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2011-01-05

Posted: 08 January 2011 02:33 PM

Thank you guys for your opinions!

My thought was that a stiff board would like to be controlled through responsive bindings, I was looking for confirmations (: I placed the order yesterday both for the snowboard and a pair of Cartels. Can’t wait for the next week to receive!

Search the Forum: