Buying the right board

CB27

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2010-12-30

Posted: 30 December 2010 06:26 PM

Hey Guys,

Need your help!

Started riding last year and bought a Burton Hero 155.  Probably not the board I should have bought but was still fun and easy to learn on.(not catching edges)
I have noticed that the hero does not carve so well and that it might be suited for the park which I never go in.  I like crusing down a hill, riding switch and hitting the occasional small jump( 180’s- 360’s).

I ended up going into the store yesterday and bought the Sherlock.  After reading the reviews I think I might have bought the wrong board AGAIN!

I ride mostly on smaller hills in Ontario which dont have a lot of Powder.  I will ride in Whistler and Vermont maybe twice a year. 

Hopefully I can get a board that I will ride for a while and progress into an Intermediate- Advanced rider.


BTW im 5.10 and 165 pounds.  Size nine boot

Boards I have looked at:
Burton Custom V
2011 TRS_C2_BTX Snowboard

Any help would be great!

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 05 January 2011 01:21 PM

The Sherlock seems like a banger of a board…  it sits like an all-mountain freestyle in the Burton line-up.

Rich had mixed feelings on it in his video review.

Have you had a chance to hit the slopes with it?

I feel your pain riding in Ontario…  not much out there if you are looking for freeriding.  Last I heard from my friends Toronto is bone dry so I wonder how the hills are shaping up.

Search the Forum: