Posted: 18 December 2010 10:20 PM
I have a 164 flag—took it out for 3 days at Vail with mixed results..
Not as damp as I thought it would be and turn initiation was also mixed.
I’ve been riding for years, big mountain(colorado), 50 days a year and would be an advanced rider, but I did not find the “sweet spot” with the stance yet as I’ve been moving it around a bit..
Started with 4 inches more nose than tail and turns were slow, went to 2.5 inches more nose than tail and saw an improvement.
JOnes specs say 20 mm setback.
I fully realize stance changes with conditions and rider but what setback are you guys running that you like?
What’s your “sweet spot” to get the most out of this deck? 2 inches more nose, 5? 2 cm??
Interested to hear who runs what….
Posted: 19 December 2010 10:59 AM
I just used the default stance middle and middle on the inserts. I’d probably stick with those until you’ve got used to the feel of camrock, if you’re coming from camber it might take a little bit of time to adjust.
For me it rode awsome out of the shrink-wrap.
Posted: 19 December 2010 07:30 PM
coming from c2btx…. Clearly different tech/turn initiation, etc..
I’m running 7.5 cm longer nose than tail…
Will continue to tinker…just curious what everyone else is running…
Posted: 19 December 2010 07:41 PM
Oh yeah a very different feel to C2. You need to put the board on a bit more of an edge before you feel the sidecut properly engage, until you do the board pressure is at your feet. As soon as you get it into powder that fraction of a second delay disappears.
Posted: 20 December 2010 07:50 PM
I am using the same default stance setback as Rich - although I have my stance wider (one hole forward on the front inserts and one back on the back inserts) - has seemed pretty sweet there for me so far - but maybe as conditions change throughout the season I will play around with it a bit if i feel the need.