Flux/Union/Salomon-Freeride binding help.

Meatball707

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-11-23

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:48 AM

I’ve been riding on some older Union Airblaster editions a mix between the force and data. I’m now looking for a new stiffer more responsive binding and was going to go Union Force SL, but then saw the Flux DMCC, looks really sweet, and I also gave a look at the Salomon Caliber. I saw a pair of Unions force sls and the high back was super soft, scary actually, and then I noticed the box said made in China is this something new to Union or has it always been this way? I want a good all mountain/freeride binding, stiff, damp, light, and comfortable, pretty much what we all want. I’ve heard a lot of great things about Flux, but never rode em’.

Any opinions on these:
Union Force SL
Flux DMCC
Salomon Caliber

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 11 December 2010 10:02 AM

Good morning meatball,

I ride a Union Superpro ‘10 which is a mixture between the Force’s base and the SL’s highback. I’m really satisfied with them, can’t really complain about anything and the design is dope!
Salomon makes decent bindings as well, never ridden any of them but I think Tom is shredding Salomons and is really happy with them.
Rich totally swears on Drake bindings so you might want to have a look at them, as well.

In the end, go with the one that fits your board design-wise and still has the specs you want. I don’t think there are any world-changing differences between the freeride bindings from different major binding companies. And once again, it’s all about gut-feeling! =)

Cheers, Tobi

Meatball707

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 25 Joined 2010-11-23

Posted: 12 December 2010 10:20 AM

Thanks Tobi! The superpros you have sound awesome, Union makes some great stuff. It seems like most bindings do the job good these days. I’m riding a Jones Flagship, and all three of those that I listed seem like they will do the job well. I’ve heard that the Flux Dmcc is stiffer than the Union SL, and I’m really not sure if that’s a good or bad thing since I’ve been used to riding Union Airblasters ltd from a few seasons ago, mix of the data and force.

Thanks again!

Search the Forum: