Posted: 08 December 2010 06:49 AM
I’ve had a camber board for 8 yrs and now I’m thinking about buying a DC Biddy or Burton Blender for 2011. However, I’ve read mixed reviews about these boards’ ability to hold an edge and carve.
I’m interested in trying something easier to spin/ more forgiving for freestyle… but I want still want stability for freeriding and am worried these boards will make carving rough.
While these are freestyle choices, are they still versatile enough to serve as good all mtn boards? If not then I’m considering the Forum Star..
What should I do? To what extent will switching to reverse camber affect my free riding?
Thanks so much!
-jessica
Posted: 09 December 2010 01:40 AM
I am definitely falling into the reverse camber camp… board manufactures are getting wise to the ways of reverse camber and are adding many reinforcements and other tech to keep the boards functional.
Biggest thing I have found with reverse camber is the playfulness of the boards, camber boards seems so serious if you aren’t watching your edges… RC is just like, meh, it’s cool if you aren’t perfect with your edges.
That being said Roxy boards with the C2 BTX tech are pretty pimp… the Ollie Pop C2 BTX is the entry-level freestyle board in the line-up.