Posted: 07 December 2010 03:09 PM
Hi, I’ve been snowboarding for a quite some time now have decided that it’s time to step it up a notch! I’ve recently been getting into the whole park and jib scene, doing little jumps and boxes here and there. I hope to get better at that as well as some ground tricks i.e. buttering. I also want to be able to carve down the mountain without being too slow! I’m 5’6’‘, 145 lbs. and I’m looking for that board that’ll do both of those things.
So here is my list of Boards:
Capita Horrorscope FK
Capita Space Metal Fantasy FK
Rome Postermania
Rome Artifact Rocker
Saloman Saloamander
I’m having such a hard time deciding what board to get because I want a pretty flexible board without having to sacrifice the speed and carving! Does anyone have any opinions as to which of these boards would suit me best? (or other suggestions would be nice too!!!) If anything, I do prefer to have a buttery jib board over the speed and carving… help!
By the way, for what kind of boarder I am, should the height of the board be within the range of my chin and my nose?!
Kat
Posted: 07 December 2010 07:10 PM
Wow you’ve really chosen the most flexible boards on the market! If the Signal Vita Rocker was on there, you’d have a full house!
I think you need to know that if you go that soft, you won’t get any carving performance out of the boards. They’re designed to be really soft torsionally (easy to twist the board by lifting your toes with one foot and pushing down with them on the other foot), which is great for tricky kinks and having loads of feel and manouverability on rails and run ins, but that menas put it on a hard edge and the board is going to wash out.
I think there is a compromise but I need to know which element of riding is more important to you. Also you’ve listed ladies and gents boards, I’m guessing Kat is short ofr Catherine? What’s your weight, height and shoe size?
Rich
Posted: 08 December 2010 12:11 AM
I’m 5’6’‘, about 145 pounds and wear a 7.5 shoe size.
I most definitely want to start focusing on doing jumps and playing around at the park. (I think that’s freestyling, right?) I’m not TOO concerned about carving or speed or such, but I do want to be able to get down the mountain (without too flimsy of a board) and have fun while doing so! I mean, is there a board out there that can accommodate these qualities?
Thanks for the help by the way!