Need some help finding freeride options

juice

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2010-12-02

Posted: 02 December 2010 07:06 PM

Hey all! I’m 5’10”, 180lbs, 10.5 boot. I’m an Intermediate rider in North Lake Tahoe and I’m not interested in the park. I’m planning to ride a lot this year and want to break through to Advanced/Expert (I’m already an Expert skier).

I’ve been on a 2005 Burton Custom which has been fun but it’s time for something new; given that I have no interest in the park I’m looking for a freeride board. I don’t know the market very well and was hoping to get some advice on a few boards I should check out. I’d like to buy a board that I can grow in to since I expect to improve a lot this season.

Thanks!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 03 December 2010 09:16 AM

Hi Juice,

I think the best option to familiarise yourself with all the options out there is to go into “Board Selecta!” the link is above and select the following.

Riding terrain:- Freeride & Big Mountain

Board Shape:- Directional or Freeride Specific (do a search with each term)

Cost:- High

Click GO!

THis will give you a ton of options to check out.

I’ve just had Blue Tomato confirm that they can lend me a Salomon Burner and a Burton Supermodel for video testing this weekend. So if you want the DL on those boards check back on Tuesday and i should have the videos up on the site.

Rich

Search the Forum: