Posted: 01 December 2010 08:12 PM
Hello,
I’m purchasing a new board this season, and I’d like to know your opinion on these boards (K2 Fastplant, Bataleon Evil Twin and the Burton Hate), and wich one would you pick for a intermediate rider who wants to progress on the park but not sacrifice the other aspects (normal riding and powder).
Thank you very much for your time.
Posted: 02 December 2010 11:26 AM
Hi Aliv3,
I’m afraid I haven’t ridden the Burton Hate, but I have ridden the K2 Fastplant and Bataleon Evil Twin. Both the Fastplant and ET are two of the best twin freestyle boards out there. The Evil twin is great for learning spins, especially backside because when you carve hard into your toe edge the board rolls instead of catch quickly and tearing a big carve into the transition. You also have the familiar feeling of camber which a lot of riders want for that extra pop.
The Fastplant was probably my favourite freestyle twin on the test this year. The flex is about a 4.5/10 a 1/10 being the Signal Park Rocker and a 10/10 being a Palmer Crown, so it’s not a whimp of board that will confine you to the park. The rocker helps with a bit of float, helps you skip over crappy chop and makes the board really forgiving for jibs and smaller jumps. Becasue of the Bamboo core it seems to have more life in it than a lot of rockers and feels nice out of turns and solid on landings even if you don’t land bolts.
For an intermediate wanting to do it all, I’d give the Fastplant my vote, however the Evil Twin is a great board too. Is there any way you can demo them?
Rich
Posted: 02 December 2010 09:08 PM
First of all let me thank you for the quick and helpful answer. :)
There’s no way I can demo any of these boards since where I live (Portugal), there’s not alot of investment when it comes to snowboarding brands.
My previous board was a Bataleon aswell, and at the moment I must say I’m leaning more to the Evil Twin, the principal reason I actually consider the Fastplant is due to all the good reviews it’s got so far while the Evil Twin lacks the amount of reviews the fastplant has been given. I’m really undecided here…
Posted: 03 December 2010 09:53 AM
I can’t comment on the Evil Twin but I ride a K2 Parkstar which has the same rocker as the Fastplant, it really is a fun freestyle profile that makes you want to rip *hit up all over the mountain. With the added pop from the new core the Fastplant must be a super fun ride. I brought both my boards to the hill this week to setup, however since it was more park at this place I had a lot more fun (and time) on my Parkstar.