Posted: 01 December 2010 06:23 PM
Hi,
I have a 4 years old Custom X 160cm snowboard that I am about to replace and am balancing between two Burton models: the T7 and the Vapor in 159.
I am 78kgs and 1.82m.
I practise mainly on slopes and in backcountry (70/30) and am looking for a board which will have a slightly higher responsiveness than my Custom X (but not too high) and a board which can do great in powder and backcountry.
Can you guys please advice me, especially the ones who have tried both boards this year.
Many thanks
Fred
Posted: 02 December 2010 12:00 PM
Tom has ridden both of these boards. I’m sure he’ll get back to you asap.
Posted: 04 December 2010 03:44 AM
Hey Fred,
Obviously the Vapor is an amazing board…......but I’m not sure it’s worth so much more money than the T7. Personally I really liked the T7; it was responsive, light, fast and poppy at high speeds. Thanks to the lightening bolts it will be more responsive than your Custom X from edge to edge and if you’re spending 70% of your time on groomers then that’s what you want. I didn’t take it in the backcountry but it did deal with variable spring conditions very well, especially crud.
Hope this helps,
Tom
Posted: 04 December 2010 10:12 AM
Thanks Tom, very useful. Which size have you tried? I am 78 kgs, 182cm and am wondering if the 159cm would be enough.
I’ve seen as well that the Nidecker ultralight might be a great choice as well at lower price. Have you tried it as well? Thanks, Fred
Posted: 04 December 2010 12:24 PM
I’ve ridden the Ultralight… at least last years Ultralight which was cambered.
It’s a very nice board if you want to ride groomers and off piste. High performance, but remarkably easy to ride. I can only image this years board which has Camrock is even easier to ride.
Posted: 04 December 2010 02:55 PM
Great thanks.
Has anyone tried both Burton T7 or Vapor and Nidecker ultralight. I am really balancing between these boards.
Thanks
Fred
Posted: 04 December 2010 03:19 PM
do you change your stance and binding settings very often? then the burton with ICS could be a nice option for you
do you already know which binding you wanna ride?
if you are really going to backcountry then I’d probably going with the ultralight cause camrock will likely result with more flow in pow.
Imho you should also check the Never Summer Raptor and Capita Black snowboard of death.