Never Summer Pandora vs Burton Lux V Rocker

laur

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 10 Joined 2010-11-25

Posted: 27 November 2010 04:19 PM

Hi, I am a beginner snowboarder. I really like the Never Summer Pandora and the Burton Lux V Rocker and I wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which one would be better. I have only been a few times and I still need help with linking my turns.

Thanks for any help!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 27 November 2010 06:19 PM

Bost boards are perfect for beginners. In my opinion Never Summer boards are always a little stiffer than they claim to be so you might finder the softer flex of the Lux V-Rocker a bit more manageable. Hoever, RC tech is really versatile and will probably be better once you’re at an intermediate level and looking to improve your carving and freeriding.

Both will be ideal for nailing your first linked turns :)

laur

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 10 Joined 2010-11-25

Posted: 27 November 2010 07:18 PM

Thank you! Do you know if the NS board is catch free…it doesn’t look like it has much of a rocker on it. I basically just want a board that is easy to learn on and ride and also won’t grow out of in a season.

laur

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 10 Joined 2010-11-25

Posted: 27 November 2010 07:43 PM

Or if anyone has any other suggestions!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 27 November 2010 07:55 PM

You don’t need a large amount of rocker to make a board feel less catchy. Just raising the start of the effective edge (where the nose changes to sidecut) off the snow will help th eboard to feel less catchy. Trust me until you’ve got lots of hours under your belt you’ll be catching edges… afraid there’s no mirracle board that can totally erradicate edge catches. It sucks but it’s part and parcel.

I think you might find V-rocker is better than RC for learning the ropes. Other boards worth looking at would be the Ride Rapture and K2 Moment… they’re very similar to the Lux.

Search the Forum: