Posted: 24 November 2010 10:55 AM
Hey there, I am about to upgrade my old school burton board and I am at a loss for what I should choose. I am 5’ 10”, 160 pounds, and have size 11 feet so I am thinking I should be going for a 155. I tend to do a lot of shredding on groomed runs and in the trees. So I need something with stability at high speeds but can also perform in the park. I’m an intermediate/advanced rider and I am looking for something to develop with me.
So far I’ve been leaning towards the Agent Rocker 155, the lib tech skate banana, and the Burton Custom ICS. I really don’t know a lot about the whole camber and I have a hard time distinguishing the pro/cons between for positive or reverse camber. What do you recommend for board (it doesn’t have to be one of the ones I was looking at), any advice is greatly appreciated!
Also I am running with the burton custom bindings and I am wondering if I will notice much difference if I upgrade them.
Regards,
Jason
Posted: 24 November 2010 04:27 PM
Hi HStep, welcome to the SBR forums,
reading our basics guide (scroll down for the camber part) would be a good start getting to know the differences between rocker/camber.
155 ist at least what I’d aim for looking for stability when racing and float for the deep stuff.
You might have a look at the NeverSummer Evo which has won our king of job contest, but don’t get fooled: It’s also one very capable allmountain ride.
Also, definitely check out the K2 Turbodream, great on the piste, playful in the park and really superb when being thrown in pow.
Mind telling us how much time you want to spend in the park and an piste (in %, preferably) so we can help you look further.
Burton Custom bindings are a bit on the softer side, as far as I remember. Well, it wouldn’t hurt to try it with the new deck and then maybe change or stay with them.
Hope this helped a little, Cheers Tobi
Posted: 25 November 2010 01:17 AM
Thanks for the reply! All advice is greatly appreciated.
Right now I ride about 15% park, 50% piste, 35% off piste. As I progress I am looking to increase my presence in the park.
I am definitely going to take a look at both of those boards, thank you for the suggestions. What do you think of the Agent Rocker?
Posted: 25 November 2010 09:06 AM
The Agent Rocker is definitely a popular board this season. Can’t tell you more than the review gives away, though, sorry for that.