Womens snowboarding gear

Mountaingirl

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2010-11-23

Posted: 23 November 2010 11:42 AM

How come there is not as many top quality boot and binding choices for expert women riders? I have been riding since 1995 and have yet to find womens boots and bindings designed for women who ride steep, aggressive terrain.  I am looking for boots and bindings that provide as much stiffness and support as the best mens boots and bindings available. I would consider switching to a hard boot, but my stance is almost even, so switching boots would be a whole new game.  Do any other women out there feel the same way? What boot and binding set up are you using?

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 23 November 2010 07:05 PM

You have definitely got a point there! Girls bindings and boots do seem to be geared more towards the less aggresive rider.

Bindings wise, have you looked at the Union Trilogy or the Nidecker Princess, don’t let the name fool you this bindings is designed to match the Nidecker Princess board (the Ultraight for ladies).

Boots wise, check out the Salomon Optima which pairs with the Salomon Absolute Premium biniding for a responsize all amountain package.

Search the Forum: