freestyle oriented setup

2 of 2
     < 1 2

White_Mist

Piste Cruiser
White_Mist Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 23 Joined 2010-02-20

Posted: 29 November 2010 11:55 PM

For anyone else wanting a NS Revolver. I just had a bit of a shop around. Boards in the UK are £465 + delivery. I just got one shipped from the US and it has worked out much cheaper. This includes all taxes, duties and delivery costs. The only risk is if I need to send it back it could be problematic. Still, it has saved me £100 and they have the 164. Definitely something for you guys to consider…

zournyque

Park Monkey
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 38 Joined 2010-11-21

Posted: 29 November 2010 11:58 PM

where did you buy it and how much did you pay?
are you happy with the board?

anyone got experience with that binding?

http://www.burton.com/mens-bindings-cobrashark-bindings/232230,default,pd.html?dwvar_232230_variationColor=232230072

cheers, florian

zournyque

Park Monkey
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 38 Joined 2010-11-21

Posted: 30 November 2010 02:50 PM

After contacting several shops I kinda gave up in getting a Never Summer today and altered my plan.

What do you think about the Gnu Park Pickle, Lib TRS and Smokin Big Wig?
Which sizes should I choose? Which board would you prefer and why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these boards?

I think the Park Pickle 156Wide could be interesting cause it seems to offer all the features of the GNU pro series for a real competitive price.

White_Mist

Piste Cruiser
White_Mist Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 23 Joined 2010-02-20

Posted: 30 November 2010 08:55 PM

I ordered the board from evogear.com

Super professional so far but it has not yet arrived. It was sent today so will be a week. I will let you know how it goes. Oh and not skiing until January unfortunately!

zournyque

Park Monkey
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 38 Joined 2010-11-21

Posted: 01 December 2010 04:31 AM

I can’t make the decision between NS Revolver153 and Gnu Park Pickle156w. Can anyone point out the advantages and disadvantages in comparison of these to rides to me. I red several reviews and saw the jib comparison review. Anyone knows if the transworld good wood test also tested the NS evo/revolver? I wish they would produce a shorter wide park pickle, but if I got you right you would really encourage me to go with this length even I only have 65kg.

Cheers,
Florian

skip11

Shop Rider
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 110 Joined 2010-07-22

Posted: 01 December 2010 05:18 AM

I would go with the Revolver. I think the NS will be more stable and less chattery due to having camber at the tips and the dampening NS puts in their boards will also help (even thought its less damp than say the SL). I don’t think the good wood test the NS revolver.

2 of 2
     < 1 2

Search the Forum: