Second board advice

easternbloc

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2010-11-04

Posted: 20 November 2010 08:39 PM

I’d like a bit of help if possible picking a new board for this season.

I’d say I’m only just an intermediate boarder and I usually just like messing about on the whole mountain.

My first and only board is a Atomic Hatchet 2008 162W I bought it in a bit of a rush. It’s stiff long and wide (a ladies love haha), I’m just not sure it feels quite right for me (its long and seems to catch edges like a bitch).

I’m about 6’1 and about 14 stone. I test rode a Bataleon TBT 155 today and I _really_ liked how the TBT works. The snowboard asylum said it was an Evil Twin test but I’m not sure, it just said bataleon test board on it. Either way it was really nice.

Basically, I’m after a board for all mountain that’ll serve me well in the park. If I was to pick one criticism with the board it would be that it seemed a bit tricky to press although still much easier than my super stiff hatchet.

So, couple of questions really, should I be checking out any other boards along with the evil twin (rocker?) and is 155 OK for me or should I be going longer???

Thanks for any help.

buckhillrider

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2010-11-21

Posted: 21 November 2010 03:33 AM

I can answer your size question pretty well; I am almost 6’3’’ and i ride a 159. this size is great, so a 155 should be fine for you!

I have a friend that rides an Evil Twin and he loves it. He is very experienced as well, so he knows what’s what when it comes to boards. (He can switch back rodeo, cork 9s etc and kicks ass at rails too!)

The TBT is alleged to be QUITE the ride. I’m looking at a Bataleon too!

good luck

easternbloc

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2010-11-04

Posted: 23 November 2010 05:17 PM

Well I finally spent the dosh. Went with a US edition rocker in the end. Hoping I can have a little more fun with the extra flex.

http://www.bataleon.co.uk/en/boards_us_edition

Bring on December 8th :)

Search the Forum: