Posted: 14 November 2010 02:23 AM
Hello from Portland, ME
After getting some very informative advice from this forum, I’ve decided on purchasing Jones Flagship for my next board. The only decision left is how to pick the best size and does it really matter (afterall we’re talking only a few cm here and there)?
I’m 6’1 and 180lb, boots size 11
My first thought was to go with the Jones Flagship 163W, but now, I’m thinking maybe regular 164cm or even the 161cm would work as well. I don’t have access to these boards to try out, so will have to make a decission based on your suggestions and perhaps intuition.
Comments and suggestions are much appreciated.
Posted: 16 November 2010 10:31 AM
I wouldn’t go too short with the Flagship. Because of the Camrock profile it feels remarkably manouverable at longer lengths and with your height, weight and boot size, I’d put you on the 163W or 168 if you are after a charging gun. The sidecut is quite shallow >9m so there won’t be as much width underfoot as a freestyle board with a sidecut around the 7m mark. You don’t want to worry about having to find low volume boots in the future and to be honest 26.2cm is perfect for you. Now all you have to decide is whether the Flagship is being bought to blast around the pistes or to nail the steeps in which case I’d go for the 168.
I hope that’s helpful.
Rich
Posted: 16 November 2010 03:25 PM
Thank you for the very helpful suggestions. I’m going with the 163W. Much appreciated.
Posted: 16 November 2010 04:40 PM
Good choice!
Be sure to pop back and leave a review once you’ve put through some west coast powder testing!
Posted: 16 November 2010 04:41 PM
Oh man there’s two Portlands! You’re on Eastcoast right? Then leave us a review on how it handles the hardpack!
Posted: 13 December 2010 06:37 PM
How’s it going? I just got a job at snow shoe resort in WV and I’m currently looking for a board.
I’m 5’11” and 165lb with a 10.5 boot size.
I like mostly terrain, preferably rails and box. I’ve never bought a board with the intentions of spending a decent chunk of change. Now since I’m going to be at it for the season, I wanted to get something that it good on both terrain and just for cruisin down the mountain. I have found a board that I’m interested in that suits my needs, but there is only one size available since it’s a 2009 and rare.
The size is 162 and I have discovered I’m more along the lines of a 155-160? If anyone has any suggestions about whether or not you think this board would suit me, please let me know. also if you have any advice at a specific size and waist I should be looking at that would be much appreciated.
THANKS
Posted: 14 December 2010 02:28 AM
How’s it going? I just got a job at snow shoe resort in WV and I’m currently looking for a board.
I’m 5’11” and 165lb with a 10.5 boot size.
I like mostly terrain, preferably rails and box. I’ve never bought a board with the intentions of spending a decent chunk of change. Now since I’m going to be at it for the season, I wanted to get something that it good on both terrain and just for cruisin down the mountain. I have found a board that I’m interested in that suits my needs, but there is only one size available since it’s a 2009 and rare.The size is 162 and I have discovered I’m more along the lines of a 155-160? If anyone has any suggestions about whether or not you think this board would suit me, please let me know. also if you have any advice at a specific size and waist I should be looking at that would be much appreciated.
THANKS
Start a new thread for a new question please…