Update on my status…

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 408 Joined 2010-01-08

Posted: 08 November 2010 09:51 AM

Hi gents,

Didn’t know where to put this but I figured I should make a post since I frequent these forums so often.

Been crunching numbers in the wake of the season starting here and it doesn’t add up for me to go out as much as I want so I’ve decided it’s (again) time to leave snowboarding.  It is a tough decision but after the summer I’ve had I’m down deep in the hole and need to pull myself out.

Because of this I’m not going to be frequenting the forums, painful reminder of something I’d love to do but can’t.

I’d like to thank Rich, Tom, Tobi and Dan for their work in putting together this awesome resource online…  if and when I jump back into the sport I know where to come.

For those of you that want to keep in touch my Facebook account is found via seeking.steve in the search.

Been a slice, I wish all of you a safe journey and think of me when you hit the slopes this season. :)

Steve

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 08 November 2010 12:00 PM

Steve! What are you talking about buddy?

I’ve had some pretty down times in the past, Snowboarding has always been one of those things that as soon as I step on a board, i get a smile on my face and completely forget about what was bugging me in the first place.

I hope this isn’t your last post on the site amigo, you’ve been an absolute star, and pure gold for the site!

When you’ve sorted out your numbers and can get a bit more time on the snow be sure to come back and join the team. Until that day I’ll be holding a candle for you;)

Tomorrows another day, I hope things look brighter for you. Oh and I’ll find you on facebook.

All the best mate,

Rich

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 08 November 2010 01:24 PM

Hey Steve,

Thanks for all of your help mate, you’ve done a sterling job. I have to agree with Rich though, no matter how many numbers you crunch and snowboard websites you ignore you’ll always be drawn towards the mountains…..snowboarding is a drug.

I’m sure you’ll get the mid-season blues and have to strap on a deck. I know it isn’t the cheapest sport but there are always cheap ways of doing it…....even if you live miles and miles from the mountains. Infact that’s given me an idea for an article.

Take it easy and keep the faith,

Tom

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero

Posted: 09 November 2010 05:15 AM

Thanks guys, I’ll be around just not actively posting.

I’m an all or nothing guy, either go as much as I can or nothing at all.  Instead of having all this kit for a handful of times I’d rather get what I can and buy again when it’s a good time for solid riding.

I’m sure I’ll be back at it…  I’m really lucky to have discovered longboarding over the summer, I bought a deck and surprisingly it really feels a lot like riding down a run on the board.  However stopping is much more difficult and falling on asphalt is a much harsher mistress then snow.

Steve Medeiros

Video Section Hero

Posted: 18 November 2010 12:56 AM

lol…  first snow fall in Calgary and I’m already feeling the pull.

I have so much gear and people are so damn cheap, after a good talk with a friend I settled on keeping my gear and only going a bit this season.

You guys probably think I’m bipolar or something…  been a rough time but the Ewbank bros are right, everything is better when you are riding…  I can’t forget that. :)

Search the Forum: