Buying issue: Custom <> Custom X

Larzon

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2010-11-08

Posted: 08 November 2010 01:39 AM

Hi Guys,

First: congrats with your site. It is an amazing source of reviews and info. (almost too much to handle)

I have a question about some decks. I have the opportunity to buy a Custom X 162 W quit cheap, but I wonder wether my level is advanced enough.

I am 6 ft 3 tall, have a foot size 12.5 (US) and weigh around 155 pounds. Boarding is something I’ve been doing for seven years (I think, could be 8) and am 20 now.
I like a challenge and am always looking to improve my technic and skills.

You can normally find me off-slope (40%), on the slopes (35%), the pipe (15%) and some kickers (10%). However grinds are not really my thing (my ass still aches, just kidding).

An old Custom was passed to me by my brother and I really liked it, but it’s time to find something new.

I am doubting to buy another Custom or the Custom X I talked about. 
However as the site states: the custom X is not for intermediate riders. Or would this be owkay? Or have you got other suggestions with the same quality (would prefer to stay with a camber board though)?

With the board, bindings would be bought. As I would be bound to Burton bindings I am thinking about the Cartels as I don’t think the Co2’s are worth the money?

I hope you can help me out and that I gave enough information!

Kind regards,
alexander

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 15 November 2010 05:25 PM

Hi Larzon,
the Custom X is quite a stiff ride but as you are riding regularly for 8 years now, I think you could be able to handle it; I can’t know how good you are, though, so in the end it’s completely up to you again.

Another similar ride with a stiffness in between the Custom and the Custom X would be the Amplid Paradigma. I own one myself, really great ride, great company, definitely worth supporting!

Cartels will be totally okay as bindings, no need to go for the CO2s.

Hope this helped a little, cheers Tobi

Search the Forum: