Nitro Gullwing v K2 Turbo Dream v Bataleon Goliath

Bodger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2010-11-05

Posted: 05 November 2010 04:41 PM

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for a new board and am in a quandary as to which 1 to get between the 3 in the title.

I want something thats soft enough to play around on, but can stand up to a hammering when the mood takes me. I spend most of the day playing around on natural terrain with a few runs through the park hitting kickers and a few boxes/rails, but I’m certainly not a jib kid, too old and brittle for that stuff :(

I was leaning toward the K2 at one stage, but I’m not sure if the rocker will wash out when hooning around, I’ve heard similar things about the Goliath.

I’ve demoed the Nitro and it felt good, so feeling that one at the mo.

I also have a holiday booked to Utah, so a board thats good in the powder would be good too.

Not asking for much am I! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bodger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 10 November 2010 02:53 AM

Anyone?

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 10 November 2010 04:02 PM

Hey Bodger,

Personally I’d take the Goliath out of the equation, I don’t believe it’s as versatile as the other two. If you’ve tested the Gullwing and you really like it then that should be the front runner! Testing is the best way to guarantee you’ll be happy with your purchase. But I’d also like to add two more boards that perform very similarly to the Gullwing, just to make your like a little more difficult.

Firstly I’d suggest you have a look a the review for the 2011 Salomon Grip…..this is a board that has been designed to make the whole mountain a freestyle playground. It floats beautifully in powder, it can be pressed easily on boxes and rails, it is stable at speed, and is poppy off of kickers. Ben, our tester, thought it rode similarly to the Gullwing.

Secondly, my favourite board of this years test, the Stepchild Headless Horseman. The details of this board aren’t live on the site yet but should be in the next couple of days. I liked this board so much that I’ve bought one! Although it’s a rocker it has a fairly firm flex (6/10) and a poppy core….thanks to bamboo inserts. Although it isn’t the lightest of decks it carves beautifully, gripping whilst exiting turns; it’s very stable at speed; it’s very poppy; and it floats nicely in the powder.

Tom

Bodger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 10 November 2010 05:26 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I’ll check out the boards you recommended.

Bodger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 10 November 2010 05:49 PM

The largest length the Headless Horseman comes in at is 157, too small for a 98kg beef cake like myself :)

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 10 November 2010 05:58 PM

Yeah you’re a little big for the 157…..I ride the 157 and I’m only just 70kg.

Have a look at the Salomon Grip 160 or 162w, depending on the size of your feet.

Bodger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 23 November 2010 02:13 PM

I’ve just found a good deal on the Nitro Team Gullwing 2010

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 2010 and the 2011?

And if so, is it £110 worth of differences?

Thanks

Search the Forum: