Posted: 30 October 2010 11:40 PM
The snowboard advice is killer, but does anyone have any advice on bindings?
I’m 6’3”, 200lbs. and wear a size 12. I mostly freeride, but still like to fool around in the park. I am an intermediate rider looking for new bindings.
I have narrowed it to Rome and Ride bindings because they offer canted footbeds which will make it easier on my knees.
Ride SPi - All mountain bindings, but are they too stiff for the park?
Ride Delta MVMT - Freestyle bindings, but maybe a little too soft for the rest of the mountain, especially since I’m a bigger dude.
Rome 390 Boss - A do everything binding with flexible base tech for more natural board flex, but is it more focused on Freestyle or Freeride? Whichever the case, see the previous comments.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
I am currently riding an aging pair of Drake Podiums.
Posted: 31 October 2010 10:31 AM
Hey nathan,
did you check our binding buying guide, yet? There is a lot of information in there!
I can’t tell you anything more specific than the manufacturer websites tell you. For mostly freeride and some park you should chose a binding on the stiffer side of the ranges. You will be stoked on the extra response you get from stiffer bindings and they are not going to hinder your progress in the park at all. Just don’t go with a noodle-freestyle binding and not with the ultra-carbon-stiff-racing bindings and you can’t go far wrong.