Posted: 27 October 2010 04:38 PM
Height 6,3…Weight 225…boot size 12…intermediate rider…Looking for a snowboard that is easy to turn, kind of forgiving, on which I can experiment and play around,do not care about speed that much…Price range $300 to $450.Thanks
Posted: 27 October 2010 11:43 PM
I am looking at the following boards
Bataleon Goliath 161w
GNU Carbon Credit Series BTX 162w
K2 Raygun 160w or 164 w
Will any of these fit me?
Posted: 28 October 2010 03:19 PM
Hi Isi,
Yeah all of those boards would be fine. Personally I find Bataleon’s Triple Base technology makes the snowboard a little bit less responsive on it’s all mountain snowboards so I would probably give that a miss as you are already riding a wide board.
The Carbon Credit Series this year is a fantastic snowboard, I have ridden it but I haven’t had a chance yet to write up the review. The board is easy to turn and grippy on an edge, it floats fine in powder although heavy powder landings are a little bit squirly, but you won’t have to worry about that for a while. Ironically, the only time I had a ny issues with it was riding on an icy T-bar track wih one foot in and my back foot between the bindings, because all of my weight was in the middle of the banana rocker I kept catching an edge and almost fell of twice. So a great snowboard but you might fall over on a few drag lifts until you get used to it ;-)
Rich
Posted: 29 October 2010 06:58 PM
Oh…one more thing…Will my K2 Formula bindings of 2009 be ok with this type of snowboard?Thanks
Posted: 29 October 2010 07:54 PM
They should be alright!
As they are from 2009 I would at least give them a shot, you will soon notice in case it does not work out at all- but I honestly doubt it.
Have fun with your new deck!
Posted: 29 October 2010 07:56 PM
What do you think about the K2
Cinch Ks1 10/11? What binding will you recommend?
Posted: 29 October 2010 08:02 PM
Sorry.. I don’t know if you got me right there: I meant to say that the Formulas should be fine with your new deck!
But to answer your question: I am personally not the biggest fan of the K2 Cinch but they are definitely solid bindings for someone who is looking for a fast step in system with the possibility of regular straps. Might want to check out the APO Expresso, similar system but said to be slightly better!
Check out the binding buying guide Rich and I put together, you will probably find precious information in there :)
Cheers, Tobi