regular or wide??

levistrah

Piste Cruiser
levistrah Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 11 Joined 2009-11-14

Posted: 14 November 2009 05:48 AM

im thinking about buying a neversummer sl-r but im not sure if i should go wide. i wear a size 11 boot. advice?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 14 November 2009 09:53 AM

Hi levistrah,
welcome here at snowboard-review.com!

What are your stats/which length do you want to get?

I think picking the SL-R might be okay going with 158 or longer as the waist is 25,3+. (There might appear some problems laying down hard carves because of the overhang, though)
On the same length (well almost, 159 instead of 158), the Legacy-R’s waist is 1,1cm wider which is quite a bit.

If you have the chance, take your boots to your nearest snowboard shop and find out how much the overhang is. As your preferred binding angle, brand and model of your boots,.. also are related to the problem, I am not able to give you any final advice.

Great choice on the board, by the way!
Regards

levistrah

Piste Cruiser
levistrah Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 11 Joined 2009-11-14

Posted: 15 November 2009 12:14 AM

thanks. i want to get the 158. Im 6’ tall and about 170 pounds

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 16 November 2009 04:02 PM

What kind of terrain are you riding? at 6’ I might look at the 161.

If you’re riding more all-mountain freeriding and freestyle than you are strictly park then it might be worth sizing up a bit. I’m 5’8 and 170lbs and I ride a 158-159 for park, park and all mountain freestyle, a tapered 164 for powder and a 152 for rails (although I wouldn’t buy a board this small again… small board = big waste of money!).

levistrah

Piste Cruiser
levistrah Avatar
RankRank
Total Posts: 11 Joined 2009-11-14

Posted: 17 November 2009 02:56 AM

thanks alot for the advice. im gonna go with the 161 as i am looking for a good all mountain freestyle ride.  now for the boots..

Search the Forum: