Park Board: NS Evo-R vs. Arbor Draft

OzzmosisX

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2010-10-26

Posted: 26 October 2010 06:59 AM

So I have narrowed my board choices down to two boards through a lot of internet research and talking to different people.  I spend almost all my time in the park hitting decent sized kickers and jibbing. I have been riding the 2006 Jeremy Jones for years and I want to switch to a reverse cambered, park specific board.  I am 6ft 165lbs and consider myself an advanced rider.  My impressions of the boards boil down to a few key things. 

The Draft seems like its gunna be a lot softer and more fun to butter with that true reverse camber throughout and soft flex rating.  Also those blunted out tips really appeal to me as they just make the board that much more for the park. I am a little concerned about the pop with how soft the board is and I’ve heard it lacks in this department.

The Evo-R seems more rounded than the Draft, which almost worries me.  Seeing as I want a park board, I’m wondering if it sacrifices in order to become a more versatile ride.  I want to be able to butter and press with ease, and I’ve heard the Evo-R is pretty stiff for a park board.  But I also hear it pops like no other which sounds really nice.  Also the rocker camber hybrid sounds really nice but I’m afraid I’ll miss out on that true reverse camber experience.

Also I think I want to bang out a really wide stance, which I know the Draft can do with that “sumo stance” thing but can the Evo-R handle this too?  And I plan on riding the board a little short, which I know in your review of the Evo-R it makes mention of that helping with the flex.  Any holes here that you can fill would be super helpfull.  Thanks!!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 26 October 2010 02:43 PM

If you want the buttery playability of a radial rockered board but you’re worrid that the Draft id going to be too soft (trust me it is crazy soft), I would suggest you look at the Arbor Westmark, this year the Westmark has a 100% rocker profile, Grip-Tech edges which act a bit like Magnetraction and bring edge hold to the feet and of course bamboo in the core fot a bit more liveliness. The Draft is more all-round park snowboard than rail and jib specific. The Forum Scallywag is another board in this vein worth looking at.

The Evo… what can be said that hasn’t been said. This years board looks as good as it rides. It’s the snowboard that works great for all aspects of park riding and still carves nicely. It’s a little less buttery than the Westmark but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work on jibs, and it does have a nice pop from the cambered tips… ovely for impromptu frontflip session! It won our 2011 king of jib contest!

Search the Forum: